The review process of manuscripts submitted to the journal «Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Istoriya» («The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «History»), is carried out in accordance with the following rules.
- To be published in «Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Istoriya» («The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «History»), a paper must be technically prepared in accordance with the author guidelines.
- The manuscript is reviewed by an expert in the field (Dr.Sc. or Cand.Sc.). The reviewer is appointed by the editorial board and should have publications with a closely related research in the last three years.
- The method of reviewing is single blind. The explicit expert review is available on the authors’ written request. The reviewer’s sign, surname, affiliation and position are hidden in such a copy of the referee report. However, the author can demand the reviewer’s data if plagiarism or falsification of the materials presented in the manuscript are declared.
- Time of reviewing is assigned by the assistant editor.
- If the editorial board recommends the revision of the paper, the assistant editor sends to the author the reviewer’s recommendations suggesting to consider them or to renounce them with reasoning. A new variant of the manuscript will be reconsidered for publication.
- If the reviewer does not recommend the manuscript for publication, the editorial board may recommend to prepare a new version of the paper regarding the remarks.
- A copy of unfavourable referee report is sent to the author.
- When the editorial board admits a manuscript, the assistant editor informs the author and assigns the time for publication.
- The reviews are kept in the publishing office and editorial board for five years and can be presented on request of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.